Monday, April 19, 2010

April Happenings

We have stayed pretty busy this month. One thing however, that keeps dragging us down is allergies and colds. I feel that I have something every week and most of the time it is allergies, except as of today, Paxton and I are both fighting off colds that we got from Kevin last week :(. It is really frustrating before I volunteer at the Pregnancy Center because I always feel like I am changing the day that I work due to illness. Oh well. Hopefully things will be better for me once the pollen settles down! The good news of the month is that the Pregnancy Center has been such a blessing! I am reminded of what Christ said about "The Harvest is Plentiful" when I am there. Volunteering there has made me realize that there is such a need for people to hear about Christ! I have been blessed to lead three people to the Lord and it has made me much more bold with my faith. I even found myself asking an HEB employee if she knew Christ! It has also been overwhelming to hear some of these women's stories. They are so heartbreaking but I love it when they come to the realization that there is Eternal hope and the precious being that they are carrying inside them is LIFE. So many are amazed to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound. They are also able to see and hold little figurines of what the baby looks like at that moment. All of my clients so far that have been abortion minded have changed their mind once they see the ultrasound of their precious little one. I love every single minute of it!

As far as Paxton news goes, he is learning to sit up unassisted! It is so funny just to see him sitting there when I am used to him just lying around. Here is a short video. This was shot a few days ago and he has already improved so much as of today!



Here is another video of Pax doing a funny sound. He seems to be rolling his tongue or gurgling. We can never tell. I don't think I have ever seen a baby do this (unless I haven't been around a lot of babies) but he seems to do it when he is really happy or when he is playing in his crib. I figured that I better catch it on video since it is such an odd sound!




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. He is sooo cute trying to sit up. I love it. I've been so anxious for a new blog post. I know lots of people that REALLY want to adopt an infant so if you ever meet a girl that is willing to give hers up for adoption we should connect them. Or is that even allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! Love the tongue roll :)
    Hope you guys feel better soon...we're ready to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both so funny and cute. Runs in the family...

    ReplyDelete